TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Additional driver.
a) Two additional drivers are allowed per day. The rates is $9.99 plus tax per each / per day.
- Age restrictions.
a) There is an additional charge for young drivers of $10.99 plus tax per day.
b) There is an additional charge for senior drivers of $10.99 plus tax per day.
c) Minimal renter’s age is 21 years old; maximum is 79.
- Driver’s license.
a) The renter must provide valid driver’s license in Latin alphabet, issued at least one year prior the rental. If renter’s driver’s license is not in Latin alphabet, International driver’s license is required.
b) For non-US residents: the passport or another government-issued ID as the secondary form of identification required.
- Early return. Late pick up / No-show. Late drop off.
a) There is no refund for early return. All amounts paid are non-refundable. No exceptions.
b) If the renter does not appear within 1 hour after the scheduled pick up time, ONE SWITCH RENT A CAR has the right to declare NO-SHOW event and not to provide a car in case the renter shows up later. If ONE SWITCH RENT A CAR had the vehicle available after placing NO-SHOW on reservation, a reinstatement fee of up to $ 65.00 plus taxes will apply.
c) Vehicle must be returned by the date and time indicated in Rental Agreement. There are 2 hours of a grace period to return vehicle free of charges. Otherwise, the Late return charge up to $160.00 plus tax may be applied
d) Costumers who fail to cancel their reservation at least 48 hours prior to pick up time, fail to show up for the reservation or do not qualify for the rental will be subject a one-day rental charge or a $50.00 admin fee whichever is higher. All cancelations must be through the original booking source.
- Opening hours.
a) Our regular opening hours are 06:00 – 23:00.
b) Pick up and drop off from 23:01 till 05:59 are made with our prior consent for the extra Out-Of-Hours Charge from $45.00 plus tax.
- Rental duration.
a) Minimal rental duration is 1 day, maximum is 30 days. For rentals longer than 30 days, the renter must return the vehicle to the rental office for a maintenance and Rental Agreement's renewal every 30 days.
- Payment conditions.
a) Credit card in renter’s name is required on pick up. All major credit cards are accepted (Visa, MasterCard, Discover).
b) Debit Card/Cash as a payment method is accepted, if the renter purchases b1+b2
- CDW (or has it included) and SLI INSURANCE
- Excess Protection and Prepaid Toll Service
- Tickets, citations.
a) Renter is responsible for all tickets, parking and traffic citations, any other fines occurred during the rental period.
b) Admin fee up to $107.00 plus tax , applies to each ticket or citation, if any. This fee includes post expenses, notary expenses and our administrative expenses. When the vehicle is towing for being parked in a prohibited area, not having paid the parking fee or participated in an accident, in addition to the expenses of the Towing company, a fee of up to $ 375.00 plus tax would be applicable for notarial expenses, administrative expenses etc.
- General insurance conditions.
- In order to prove customer’s non-US residence, customer must be able to provide on our demand Driver’s License of a country of residence in customer’s name, returning air ticket to a country of residence in customer’s name with departure date no later than 31 day from rental commencement.
- Must use their own TPL + CDW. In order to use renter's own insurance, the renter must provide us with proof of valid and collectible TPL + CDW in renter's own name issued by the following companies: State Farm, Liberty Mutual, Geico, Progressive, Xfinity, USAA, ESurance, Farmers and Nation Wide. Insurance is required to rent a vehicle, if you will be self - insured you must provide your insurance id (declaration page) which has to match the name last name and address of the main driver on reservation. Insurance must include a minimum USD 300,000.00 liability coverage and provide full (supplemental liability and collision) for rental vehicle Policies issued in Puerto Rico are not accepted as well as any coverage offered by credit cards issued in Venezuela. Acceptable proof of insurance must include the name and address of the insurer and the policy and the required coverage. Otherwise, the renter will be required to purchase our TPL + СDW for an additional charge from $24.99 per day.
- Glasses, mirrors, tires, wheels, lost keys are not covered by CDW or Excess protection. Rejecting our CDW/TPL and not having them included in rates, the renter will be solely responsible for the vehicle itself and any third-party claims. Please, check with your insurance agent for more information regarding your policy coverage. Any valid claims that are refused by your insurance carrier will be your responsibility.
- CDW coverage has Deductible amount. Renter may reduce the Deductible amount to zero (Excess Protection) by paying an extra charge from $32.99 per day and provided that the vehicle is used in accordance with Rental Agreement terms and conditions.
- In case of minor damage to a rented vehicle (scratches, dents, etc.) which does not lead to car inoperability, (not all the damages may be considered as needed to be fixed immediately) the rental agency reserves the right to charge customer’s credit card or withhold the required for future repairs amount from Security Deposit, based on market rates. Admin fee from $53.50 up to $481.50 plus tax may be charged in addition to actual repair cost.
- Items inside the car are not subjects to insure. Except the client has purchased the PAI / PEC insurance. The daily cost is $ 6.99
- TPL, CDW, Excess Protection may be voided, if the renter breaches Rental Agreement terms and conditions.
- Any accidents or lost must be reported to local Police and a case number provided. Failure to do so may void TPL, CDW, Excess Protection, PAI/PEC. The renter must immediately inform the rental agency about all and any accidents / damages even they are minor. Noncompliance of this term may void TPL, CDW, Excess Protection, if any. It is strictly prohibited to leave the place of accident without Police report since it may be considered as “hit and run” which is the crime offense under Florida law.
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) can be declined using your credit card Insurance from Platinum / Black, only if the payment of the car rental made at the counter with the same credit card used on the web site. 2,500 USD security deposit for using credit card insurance applies.
- Glass and Tire Cover (GTC) is available for up to $9.99 plus tax per day.
j. Roadside Assistance is available for up to $9.99 plus tax per day.
- Taxes and surcharges.
- Sales tax 7% (VAT) is included in all rates and prices.
- Florida surcharge $2.00 a day is included in rental rates.
- They are others mandatory fees.
- Rental rate includes.
a) Taxes and surcharges.
b) Unlimited mileage within the State of Florida (for non-Florida residents only). Florida residents are eligible for 50 free miles per day. Excess of allowed mileage is paid on rate $0.75 per mile.
c) Complimentary shuttle service to and from Miami International Airport and Orlando International Airport.
- Rental rate excludes.
a) TPL + CDW are not included in rates.
b) Tolls, toll violation charges, tickets, parking and traffic citations, related admin fees.
c) Domestic one-way rentals have a fee between following locations: MIA-ORL-FLL
d) Delivery collections – Delivery/Collection service is available by previous request and for an extra charge of 45 USD until 10 miles from location address.
- Security deposit.
a) This Deductible/security deposit its for the cases were the coustumer used our insurance if the coustumer used his own insurance or cover plan the security deposit/deductible go from 250$ to 5000$ depends of the insurance company of each coustumer.
b) Even if Excess Protection has been purchased, security deposit amount will be charged against renter’s credit card, that to secure our possible expenses for repairing the car in case your TPL, CDW or Theft coverage have been voided due to a breach of the rental agreement terms, tickets, fines, citations, tolls and any other charges which may occur during and after the rental.
c) Security deposit is charged against credit card at pick up and refunded within 15 business days from drop off date. Security deposit may be used to pay any amounts owed to rental agency under Rental Agreement terms and conditions.
d) Security deposit amounts are as stated below:
|CCAR||NISSAN||VERSA||$ 1.000||$ 1.000|
|ICAR||TOYOTA/ NISSAN||COROLLA / SENTRA||$ 1.000||$ 1.000|
|FCAR||HYUNDAI / TOYOTA||SONATA / CAMRY||$ 1.000||$ 1.000|
|IFAR||NISSAN||KICKS||$ 1.000||$ 1.000|
|FFAR||TOYOTA||HIGHLANDER||$ 1.000||$ 1.000|
|MVAR||DODGE||GRAND CARAVAN||$ 1.000||$ 1.000|
|SFAR||HONDA||PILOT||$ 1.000||$ 1.000|
|SVAR||TOYOTA||SIENNA||$ 1.000||$ 1.000|
|STAR||FORD||MUSTANG||$ 1.000||$ 1.000|
|XTAR||JEEP||WRANGLER||$ 1.000||$ 1.000|
|PFAR||FORD||EXPEDITION||$ 2.500||$ 2.500|
|FVAR||FORD||TRANSIT 12 PASS/ NV3500||$ 2.500||$ 2.500|
- Extras, additional equipment.
a) Infant / Child / Booster safety seats are available for $6.99 plus tax per day. The renter is the only person responsible for the proper choice and installation of a child safety seat.
b) GPS navigation unit is available for $6.99 plus tax per day.
c) Prepaid Toll Service is available for $14.99 plus tax per day and provide the renter with possibility of use all Florida toll roads/bridges/tunnels/express lanes an unlimited number of times. If the renter rejects Prepaid Toll Service activation, the renter must avoid any tolls during the rental in order to avoid toll violation charges (admin fee) $25.00 plus tax in addition to each applicable toll fee. If the renter has own transponder, it may not be transferred to the rented vehicle. If the renter installs own transponder into the rented vehicle, the tolls will be charged twice. Removing of pre-installed transponder leads to its damage which entails a fine $250.00 plus tax All transponders are provided with a seal confirming the integrity of the device. A transponder with a damaged seal is considered damaged.
- Territorial restrictions.
a) Under no circumstance vehicle may leave the State of Florida, otherwise, the renter is charged $1,000.00 plus tax of cross border fine plus a mileage charge $0.25 plus tax per mile of entire rental mileage.
b) One-way rentals, International rentals, Cross border rentals are not allowed.
- Condition of Vehicle.
a) It is renter’s responsibility to check the vehicle thoroughly at pickup time.
b) Vehicle must be returned in the same condition as when rented (interior and exterior must be acceptable for further rental without cleaning) in order to avoid regular cleaning charge up to $36.75 plus taxes.
c) In case that the renter is not satisfied with the condition of a car, the station needs to be informed immediately for its replacement.
d) Excessive staining, internal damage, smoking or unpleasant odors will be charged for at the supplier’s valet rates up to $250.00 plus taxes.
- Fuel policy.
a) All the cars are provided with full tank of gas and should be returned with the same amount of fuel.
b) The car shall return with the same amount of fuel as when renter, A charge of $ 12.99 plus tax per gallon will be applied for the fuel difference.
c) Any unused fuel is not refundable.
- Other options and fees.
a) Please note that the charges made at the location for any extras or fees will be a subject to any applicable sales taxes and location taxes/fees.
b) Lost keys or fobs. The Lost key charge up to $550.00 plus tax is applied, if keys or fobs are lost or badly damaged plus keys / fobs delivery cost or vehicle towing cost to our nearest location. If you locked the keys or key fobs inside the Vehicle and request an assistance from us, we will charge you for the cost of delivering replacement keys (key fobs) or unlocking the Vehicle or towing the Vehicle to our nearest location depending on circumstances.
c) All terms, conditions and prices are subject to change.
- General terms.
a) Mentioned car makes and models are indicative only. Vehicle with the same parameters may be provided.
b) Rates are calculated based on collection/return to the same rental location.
c) Rental days are calculated on a 24-Hour basis from the scheduled pick up time.
d) All drivers must appear in person and provide valid driver’s licenses in their name at pick up time.
e) Additional charges for extra equipment are paid locally.
f) Service is not provided for an unconfirmed reservation.
g) Renter must hold his car rental voucher and provide it at pick up time.
h) Multiple or duplicate reservations must in diferentes names, or those reservations may not be honored and are subject to an admin fee.
i) We use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure the accuracy of all information posted on our website or distributed to other websites. Our liability, if any, shall be limited to the amount of rental charges paid to us. The terms and conditions and prevailing law covering the rental shall be those stated on the rental contract presented at the renal location.